Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Little Drink: Winter Margaritas

It is sub-zero temperatures here with the windchill, something I've never ever known in Washington.  Schools are opening two hours late tomorrow because of the cold, and today, simply walking from my car to a building made me want to stand in a hot shower for the next hour.  (Sadly, I still haven't showered at all and am just dirty).  It is seriously cold.  I've had countless mugs of rooibos tea and hot water with lemon, and tonight I'm making a drink.

What better in the whipping winds and snow squalls than to have tostadas, tamales, and a Mid-Winter Margarita.


Mid-Winter Margarita
    recipe adapted from Food52
    serves 2 generously or 4 conservatively

4 1/2 oz tequila
2 1/4 oz triple sec
2 1/4 oz fresh lime juice
2 1/4 oz fresh grapefruit juice

Combine in a pitcher or shaker, stir/shake, and serve over ice.
Depending on your taste and the tartness of your grapefruit, use lime juice to either sugar or salt the rim

mmmmmmmm

No comments: