I've been challenged recently to think about whether my spending reflects my priorities and values. So, I'm making a list of what I think is worth splurging on/investing in/paying full price for. This is what I have so far:
- skin protection and moisturizer (and what really does this mean? Chanel sells a moisturizer for
$100 an oz. and Oil of Olay sells one for $5.49 for 3 oz -- how different are they?)
- teeth (I say this but consistently become furious when the dentist tells me I have to get a filling
that will cost $150)
- sheets (I loooooove soft sheets)
- a comfortable mattress
- organic fruits, vegetables, and dairy,
and good food in general made of natural, real ingredients
- a good babysitter
- great jeans
- wellness (doctor, acupuncturist, massage, specialists, yoga classes, therapist, holistic medicine etc.)
What else would you include here?
What I am amazed to discover is that these things are NOT what I spend money on. In fact, I more often then not skimp in these categories. So, the question becomes, where IS my money, bit by bit, going?