Monday, September 20, 2010

Refreshment

After three days of tantrums, melt-downs, Eden throwing her little 2-year-old self on the floor, stiff as a board, and screaming, "NOO!" at everything I say (I've never had a nay-sayer before), I left my little crabby-pants in the hands of our wonderful babysitter Jaclyn (I forever love her) and went to the beach for dinner. A friend and I sat on a blanket drinking St. Germain Gin and Tonics and eating bread, cheese and salad until it was too dark to see and our noses were cold.


St. Germain Gin and Tonics mix up the summer cocktail, and add a fullness that gives it a little tinge of Fall:

1 1/2 part gin
1 part St. Germain
3 parts tonic

Mix well, garnish with lime wedge (give it a squeeze), and serve over lots of ice*

2 comments:

Beautiful said...

love the picnic blanket... *

elimarie said...

I was looking for you on FB to say hi and then found you here instead--so thankful because I got lost in your beautiful writing (as always), admired your gorgeous children, and got a snapshot of your charmed life.

Then I read the post about visiting Asgard and remembered your sweet Nana and how you took me there one time.

So now I'm saying goodnight, smiling.

Love from Kentucky,
(the other eli)